First day of issue: August 11, 2023
Paper used: Phosphorescent stamp paper
Designer: Sanrio Taiwan Co., Ltd.
Printer: Cardon Enterprise Co., Ltd.
Size of souvenir sheet: 160 × 100 (mm)
Stamp size: 30 × 50 or 40 × 30 or 30 × 40 (mm)
Perforation: 13½ × 12½ ; 12½ × 13½
TAIPEI 2023 – 39th Asian International Stamp Exhibition is held on August 11-15, 2023, at Taipei World Trade Center Exhibition Hall 1. In keeping with the theme of “Youth Day,” Chunghwa Post has issued two souvenir sheets with five stamps: one souvenir sheet illustrates the theme of “Bringing Happiness” whilst the other portrays “Sightseeing in Taiwan.” For the stamps we have chosen some much-loved characters from Sanrio, including Hello Kitty, Cinnamoroll, Bad Badtz-Maru, Pompompurin and My Melody. A detailed description follows:
1. Souvenir sheet A (four with denominations of NT$8 and one with NT$28): The loveable Sanrio star postal carriers bring happiness through your writing a letter or sending a parcel to send blessings and fond memories to relatives and friends.
2. Souvenir sheet B (with denominations of NT$6, NT$9, NT$13, NT$15 and NT$17): Based on the theme of touring the sights of Taiwan and enjoying the local food, this souvenir sheet brings together visits to tourist spots, a train journey, a balloon ride, snacks in night markets and leaning mailboxes to reveal the beauty of Taiwan.
(1) First Day Cover (222 mm × 160 mm) (2 types): NT$3 apiece
(2) Folder (with or without mount) (2 types each): NT$8 apiece
(3) Loose-leaf album page: NT$20 apiece
(4) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one souvenir sheet (2 types): NT$63 apiece
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, Postal Museum or order on line at https://stamp.post.gov.tw.