First day of issue: August 11, 2023
Paper used: Phosphorescent stamp paper
Designer: Tseng Kai-chih
Printer: Joh. Enschede Security Print (Netherlands)
Stamp size: 30 × 40 (mm)
Size of souvenir sheet: 120 × 90 (mm)
Perforation: 13⅓ × 14
TAIPEI 2023 – 39th Asian International Stamp Exhibition is held on August 11-15, 2023, at Taipei World Trade Center Exhibition Hall 1. In conjunction with “Treasure Day,” which is celebrated on the second day of the exhibition, Chunghwa Post has released a set of two stamps on a souvenir sheet on the subject of colorful porcelain from the National Palace Museum: Coupled vase with flower-and-bird panels in yangcai painted enamels, Qianlong reign, Qing dynasty and Revolving vase with swimming fish in cobalt blue glaze, Qianlong reign, Qing dynasty. With face values of NT$17 and NT$28, the stamps are described below:
1. Coupled vase with flower-and-bird panels in yangcai painted enamels, Qianlong reign, Qing dynasty (NT$17): This pair of oblate-shaped vases are joined in a staggered manner at their bodies. The vases have blue and violet backgrounds on which are painted flowers and curling foliage. Panels at the center of both vases respectively feature scenes of magpies and plum blossoms or narcissus and quails. Because the two vases are conjoined, the panels overlap and present as a full circle and the shape of a crescent. The interesting juxtaposition and play of shapes are heightened by the interlacing of blue and violet glaze colors.
2. Revolving vase with swimming fish in cobalt blue glaze, Qianlong reign, Qing dynasty (NT$28): The belly of the revolving vase is divided into inner and outer layers, wherein the inner layer is visible through openwork panels of the outer layer's body. The inner layer has a light blue glaze on top of which are fallen flowers, seaweed and swimming fish. By turning the neck of the vase, the inner layer turns, making it appear as if the fish are swimming and playing in the water. The effect is highly creative and a joy to behold.
To add philatelic interest, a pair souvenir sheet, at NT$90, is also issued with the quantity of 180,000.
(1) First Day Cover (220 mm × 158 mm): NT$3 apiece
(2) FDC for pair souvenir sheet (160 mm × 250 mm): NT$5 apiece
(3) Folder (with or without mount): NT$8 apiece
(4) Folder with mount for pair souvenir sheet: NT$10 apiece
(5) Loose-leaf album page: NT$16 apiece
(6) Maximum cards: NT$20 a set
(7) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one souvenir sheet: NT$48 apiece
(8) Pre-cancelled maximum cards: NT$65 a set
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, Postal Museum or order on line at https://stamp.post.gov.tw.