In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Postal Life Insurance provides a relief plan with preferential interest rates for policyholders
Issued by: Life Insurance Office
Release time: June 25, 2021
To alleviate the impact of the pandemic, in accordance with the government's policy, Chunghwa Post has provided a relief plan with a preferential 1.28% loan interest rate for postal life insurance policyholders with economically disadvantaged conditions:
- Application: from July 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021.
- Applicant qualifications (supporting documents or supporting materials are to be attached):
- Physically and/or mentally disabled.
- Low-income households or low- and middle-income households.
- A member of families in hardship defined by the Act of Assistance for Family in Hardship.
- Those who meet the qualifications for individual relief subsidies provided by the government.
- Those who are affected by the pandemic and have financial difficulties:
- Individuals who are employed: Insured policyholders have economic difficulties due to unemployment, unpaid leave, involuntary resignation, employers' reduced work hours, negotiated wage cuts, and reduced bonuses due to reduced employers' revenues.
- Individuals who are self-employed: Policyholders have no employers (including but not limited to contractors, self-employed businessmen, freelancers, etc.), but have economic difficulties due to a decline in business revenues or suspension of business.
- Applicable insurance policies: insurance contracts that are in force and that have accumulated non-forfeiture value and can be used for loans.
- Loan limit: The maximum cumulative new loan for the same applicant is NT$ 100,000.
- Loan period with preferential interest rate: 3 years.
- The annual interest rate during the period with preferential interest rate: 1.28%. For loans that have not been repaid after the expiry of the period, the original loan interest rate applicable to the insurance policy will be automatically restored. Chunghwa Post provides a 24-hour customer service hotline (0800-700-365). It is for the use of policyholders.