To welcome the New Year, Chunghwa Post has issued a set of two New Year stamps and a souvenir sheet. This set of stamps uses a flat, simplified design. The details are as follows:
1. NT$6 stamp: “Boldly, the tiger leaps o’er the high hills! Richly, good fortune fills up the great halls!” May the Year of the Tiger bring you great blessings and the chance to prove your best!
2. NT$13 stamp: “Majestic roars the tiger now!” May everything come to perfection at the right time for you this New Year and may the tiger’s blessings last all year.
3. NT$15 souvenir sheet: May the majestic roar of the tiger bear out the adage “Majestic roars the tiger now! The heavens fill with all good gifts!” May you enjoy the blessing of a tiger’s good health all year long.
To elicit collectors’ interest, on the same day as the stamp set release, a “New Year’s Greeting Postage Stamps (Issue of 2021) Uncut Press Sheets” release of philatelic products is on offer, which comes in a special tube. The release features one certificate of authenticity, one uncut press sheet of souvenir sheet (comprising nine small sheets), and two uncut press sheets (one containing two panes of 20 NT$6 stamps and the other containing two panes of 20 NT$13 stamps). The margins feature marks from the printing process, including traffic lights and cut lines. Every year since 2009, Chunghwa Post has released tubes of these philatelic products, which are highly collectible. This item will not apply to any discount measures.
(1) First Day Cover (195mm × 120mm): NT$3 apiece
(2) FDC for souvenir sheet (235 mm × 120 mm): NT$3 apiece
(3) Folder (with or without mount): NT$8 apiece
(4) Folder with mount for souvenir sheet: NT$8 apiece
(5) Loose-leaf album page: NT$16 apiece
(6) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$6-denominated stamp: NT$9 apiece
(7) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a full set of stamps: NT$22 apiece
(8) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a souvenir sheet: NT$18 apiece
(9) Uncut press sheets in a poster tube: NT$1,400 a unit.
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, Postal Museum or order on line at https://stamp.post.gov.tw.
Chunghwa Post is following up with a “New Year's Greeting Postage Stamps (Issue of 2021)” press sheet. This item will be available at the Postal Museum and the following branches: Taipei Beimen, National Palace Museum, Beitou, Neihu, Nangang, Muzha, Keelung Aisan Rd., Banqiao Wunhua Rd., Xindian, Shulin, Sanchong Zhongshan Rd., Tamsui, Xinzhuang, Taoyuan Chenggong Rd., Zhongli, Longtan, Yangmei, Hsinchu Wuchang St., Miaoli Zhongmiao, Taichung Minqyuan Rd., Fongyuan, Changhua Zhongyang Rd., Yuanlin, Nantou Sanhe, Douliou Xiping Rd., Chiayi Wunhua Rd., Chiayi Yushan, Tainan Chenggong Rd., Xinying, Jiali, Xinxing, Fongshan, Gangshan, Pingtung Minsheng Rd., Yilan Zhongshan Rd., Luodong, Hualien Guoan, Taitung Datong Rd., Magong Zhongzheng Rd.