Following on its releases of Taiwan Scenery postage stamps on Taitung County, Tainan City, Matsu, Taichung City, Penghu County and Yilan County starting from 2016, Chunghwa Post is planning a new set of four stamps featuring famous sites and activities of Hualien County. Descriptions of the designs follow:
1. Sea of Rapeseed Flowers in the East Rift Valley (NT$6): The East Rift Valley stretches from the Hualien Plain in the north to the Taitung Plain in the south. It is a long and narrow longitudinal valley squeezed between the Central and Coastal Mountain Ranges. Every winter the blooming rapeseed blossoms in the valley make for a beautiful “sea of flowers.”
2. Qixingtan (NT$6): Qixingtan is a beautiful crescent-shaped bay. The bay’s crystal blue waters make for rich and impressive natural scenery. The bay’s scenic area has foot trails, a pavilion along the shore, the Sunrise Building, the Star Watching Plaza, and other facilities that visitors can enjoy under the blue sky and by the blue waters.
3. Xiuguluan River Rafting (NT$12): The Xiuguluan River originates on Mt. Xiuguluan and has abundant water flow throughout the year. The river cuts through majestic canyons filled with impressive boulders and thrilling rapids, which make river rafting on the creek a popular water activity in eastern Taiwan.
4. Taroko Swallow Grotto (NT$12): Swallow Grotto is a famous tourist attraction at Taroko National Park. It is so named because during the spring and summer one can often see many swallows foraging in the Liwu River valley. The sight and sound of them in flight is spectacular.
(1) First Day Cover (162 mm × 114 mm): NT$2 apiece
(2) Folder (with or without mount): NT$5 apiece
(3) Loose-leaf album page: NT$8 apiece
(4) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a NT$6-denominated stamp: NT$8 apiece
(5) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a complete set of stamps: NT$38 apiece
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, Postal Museum or order on line at https://stamp.post.gov.tw