|Stamp Name||Sp.655 Taiwan Scenery Postage Stamps - Matsu|
|Stamp Cat Standard||Special Stamps|
|Stamp Cat||Scenic Spots,Lighthouses|
|Dimension of stamps(mm.)||50 × 30 (mm)|
|Size of souvenir Sheet (mm.)|
|Printer||Southern Colour Print Ltd. (New Zealand)|
|Designer||Delta Design Corporation|
|Sheet composition||20 (4 × 5)
|Paper||Phosphorescent stamp paper
|Perforation||141/2 × 14|
Following the stamps featuring Taitung County and Tainan City of 2016 and 2017 respectively, Chunghwa Post is now adding Matsu to the series: Taiwan Scenery depicting scenic and ecological themes. The designs are as follows:
1. Tungyin Tao Lighthouse (NT$5): The lighthouse was erected in 1904 on a ridge jutting into the sea on Dongyin Island (Tungyin Tao) in the Matsu archipelago. It is the northernmost national-level historic site. Due to its European architecture style, Tungyin Tao Lighthouse is also called Dongyin Villa.
2. Qinbi Village (NT$9): Located on the NW coast of Beigan Island, this is the best preserved traditional stone village in Matsu. It faces the sea with the hills behind it. The walls of the houses are made of local stone. From a distance it looks like a stone castle above the sea.
3. Chinese Crested Tern (NT$10): It was rediscovered in Matsu in recent years. It has a black-tipped yellow bill, sometimes with a tiny white spot at the extreme tip. The legs and feet are black. Long thought extinct its miraculous re-emergence accounts for its title as a legendary bird.
4. Blue Tears (NT$20): In late spring, early summer the sea in Matsu glows blue at night, thanks in part to the glimmering light of the organism, sea tinkle.
(1) First Day Cover: NT$2 apiece
(2) Folder (with or without mount): NT$5 apiece
(3) Loose-leaf album page: NT$8 apiece
(4) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$5-denominated stamp:
(5) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a complete set of stamps:
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, or order on line at https://stamp.post.gov.tw.