The theme of the second day of PHILATAIPEI 2016 World Stamp Championship Exhibition is “Designers’ Day.” To mark the occasion, Chunghwa Post is specially issuing a set of two stamps. This set of stamps shows the technical skill and training designers need to acquire. The designs follow:
1. NT$9 stamp: Three designers demonstrate their good command of reading, painting, taking photos or thinking. This illustrates the never-ending vitality of creative design. The interlocking colored shapes represent the way designers work and interact with each other. The playful shapes form the English word “Design.”
2. NT$25 stamp: On this stamp the designer is portrayed with three heads and six hands. The three heads represent the full utilization of the left brain, the right brain and taking in outside information that is both broad and deep. The six hands hold six instruments: a telescope symbolizing insight that is far-reaching and attentive to detail; a balance, to show the balance between reason and feeling; a set of compasses required for accurate and efficient drawing; a computer mouse, a symbol of real implementation; a paint brush for the beauty of art and a book standing for great wisdom.
To add to philatelic interest, Chunghwa Post is issuing a mini pane of three interlocking sets of stamps (6 stamps in all). In addition, it is also releasing “A New Environmental Vision Stamp Folio.” Using the interesting technique of “negative space” to demonstrate natural ecosystems and design instruments, the folio conveys the sustainable development and endless new atmosphere with new visions. This folio will contain the two stamps of this set, one PHILATAIPEI 2016 World Stamp Championship Exhibition Souvenir Sheet: Joining Hands to Protect the Environment as well as an exclusive gift of the souvenir sheet with printed imitation perforations (with overprinted serial numbers).
(1) First Day Cover: NT$2 apiece
(2) Folder (with or without mount): NT$5 apiece
(3) Loose-leaf album page: NT$8 apiece
(4) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$9-denominated stamp: NT$11 apiece
(5) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a complete set of stamps: NT$36 apiece
(6) A New Environmental Vision Stamp Folio: NT$300 a copy
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, or order on line at https://stamp.post.gov.tw.