To encourage our citizens to participate in positive leisure activities that help keep them fit, this Post is once again issuing a set of four outdoor activities stamps, featuring "Speed Walking," "Cycling," "Skateboarding" and "Inline Skating." The designs follow:
(1) Speed Walking (NT$5.00): Speed walking is walking with a longer stride and faster pace. It is suitable to all age groups, can be done anytime and anywhere. There is little risk of injury. It is a form of exercise that is convenient and affordable.
(2) Cycling (NT$5.00): Cycling is suited to all age groups, and is environmental and fashionable. Bike paths have been built across the nation. A combination of exercise and leisure, cycling is very popular.
(3) Skateboarding (NT$12.00): Skateboarding is a sport
popular among young people, for it requires speed, technique and a willingness to challenge oneself. The cool designs of the boards also appeal to youth.
(4) Inline Skating (NT$25.00): It is called an inline skate because the wheels are arranged in a single line. Inline skating is a challenging sport, and is great at enhancing the skater’s sense of balance and coordination. It is a cool sport in the eyes of teens.
(1) First Day Cover to be sold at NT$2.00 apiece.
(2) Folder especially prepared for the stamps to be sold at NT$5.00 apiece.
(3) Folder with crystal mount for better protection of the stamps to be sold at NT$5.00 apiece.
(4) Loose-leaf stamp album page with plastic cover to be sold at NT$8.00 apiece.
(5) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with a low-valued stamp to be sold at NT$7.00 apiece.
(6) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with a
complete set of stamps to be sold at NT$49.00 apiece.
To purchase relative stamps, the public can go directly to the post office branches, or order on line at http://stamp.post.gov.tw.