|Com.340 The Inauguration of the 15th-term President and Vice President Commemorative Issue
|Stamp Cat Standard
|Chiefs Of State
|Dimension of stamps(mm.)
|32 × 32 (mm)
|Size of souvenir Sheet (mm.)
|122 × 56 (mm)
|China Color Printing Co., Ltd.
|Aaron Nieh Workshop
|12（4 × 3）
|Phosphorescent stamp paper
In the Republic of China's (Taiwan's) 15th-term presidential and vice presidential elections, Tsai Ing-wen was elected president and Lai Ching-te was elected vice president. Chunghwa Post is issuing a set of four stamps and a souvenir sheet. The stamps’ and the souvenir sheet's designs and special features are described below:
1. Stamps: The four stamps are arranged in a se-tenant strip and take contemporary aesthetic approaches to convey the four concepts of blossoming, democracy, coming into place, and direction.
(1) Blossoming (NT$8): Using points as the basic element of its design, the stamp features various representations of fireworks erupting in skyward blooms to symbolize the blossoming of democratic and pluralistic values in Taiwan.
(2) Democracy (NT$8): Using lines as the basic element of its design, the stamp shows the shape of a mailbox, within which one sees the steps to the ROC Office of the President building. It suggests the idea that the government’s ears are like your mailbox, offering unobstructed communication with zero degrees of conversational distance.
(3) Coming into Place (NT$15): Taking planes as the basic element of its design, the stamp shows a golf ball about to enter a hole. It conveys the preparedness of the government, which is acting in the public interest in a professional, determined and dutiful manner.
(4) Direction (NT$15): Using a color gradient as its basic design element, the stamp represents the idea that when a fog lifts, the sky will clear and there will always be a distant lamp providing guidance. Although we may be walking down different roads, we are all moving in the same direction.
2. Souvenir Sheet (NT$35): The sheet features a clean and refreshing style with a close-in shot of the president and vice president on a regular day, conveying their intentions as president and vice president to determinedly and fearlessly work to realize their values of pluralism and equality in a transparent manner.
Along with this set of stamps, one “The Inauguration of the 15th-term President and Vice President Commemorative Stamp Folio” and one “The Inauguration of the 15th-term President and Vice President Commemorative Stamp Folio – Sheetlet Edition” will be released. The former consists of one set of stamps and a souvenir sheet while the later one sheetlet. Designed with a special and simple style, these two stamp folios are worth collecting.