To raise awareness of the incredible variety of fruits in Taiwan, the Post is issuing a set of four stamps. The designs follow:
1. Atemoya (NT$1): It is a hybrid of sugar apple and Cherimoya. The seeds are embedded in the flesh. The lines between the areoles on the skin are not very conspicuous, but rather smooth.
2. Papaya (NT2.5): Midnight persimmon papaya is Taiwan’s staple variety. The female plant produces oval-shaped fruit; the hermaphrodite plant grows pear-shaped fruit. The skin is reddish-orange, and the flesh is an appealing red.
3. Litchi (NT$5): Yu He Pao ("jade purse") is the most popular litchi variety in Taiwan. The seed is small and flat. The aril is fleshly, chewy, fragrant and juicy.
4. Date (NT$15): The fruit is sweet, crunchy, and juicy. It is endearingly called, "the apple of Taiwan."
(1) First Day Cover: NT$2 apiece
(2) Folder (with or without mount): NT$5 apiece
(3) Loose-leaf album page: NT$8 apiece
(4)Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$1-denominated stamp: NT$3 apiece
(5) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a complete set of stamps:
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, or order on line at https://stamp.post.gov.tw.