To welcome the coming of the New Year, Chunghwa Post is planning to release a set of two stamps and a souvenir sheet on the oxen. This set of stamps is designed around the traditional Chinese art of paper cutting. The designs follow:
1. NT$6 stamp: This stamp is a visual representation of the idiom “turning things around” (with “turning” being a homonym for “ox”). It conveys the hope that all will go as hoped in the Year of the Ox, as we avert disaster, overcome obstacles and attain financial success.
2. NT$13 stamp: This stamp is a visual representation of the expression: “In the Year of the Ox, the ox will turn one’s luck for the better, with money flowing like water.” It expresses the idea of good fortune in the Year of the Ox, with finances surging as we welcome the arrival of spring.
3. NT$15 souvenir sheet: It features an ox turning its head. The ox is illustrated in the manner of traditional New Year’s paper cuttings. Expressing the notion of “turning one’s luck for the better,” the composition anticipates a coming Year of the Ox that will be characterized by peace and good fortune.
To add philatelic interest, on the same day as the stamp set release there will be a “New Year’s Greeting Postage Stamps (Issue of 2020) Uncut Press Sheets” release of philatelic products, which will come in a special tube. The release will feature one certificate of authenticity, one uncut press sheet of souvenir sheet (comprising nine small sheets), and two uncut press sheets (one containing two panes of 20 NT$6 stamps and the other containing two panes of 20 NT$13 stamps). The margins will feature marks from the printing process, including traffic lights and cut lines. Since 2009 Chunghwa Post has released tubes of these philatelic products, which are highly collectible. This item will not apply to any discount measures.
(1) First Day Cover (162 mm × 114 mm): NT$2 apiece
(2) FDC for souvenir sheet (235 mm×120 mm): NT$3 apiece
(3) Folder (with or without mount): NT$5 apiece
(4) Folder with mount for souvenir sheet: NT$8 apiece
(5) Loose-leaf album page: NT$16 apiece
(6) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$6-denominated stamp: NT$8 apiece
(7) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a full set of stamps: NT$21 apiece
(8) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a souvenir sheet: NT$18 apiece
(9) Uncut press sheets in a poster tube: NT$1,400 a unit.
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, Postal Museum or order on line at https://stamp.post.gov.tw.
Chunghwa Post is following up with a “New Year's Greeting Postage Stamps (Issue of 2020)” press sheet. This item will be available at the Postal Museum and the following branches: Taipei Beimen, National Palace Museum, Beitou, Neihu, Nangang, Muzha, Keelung Aisan Rd., Banqiao Wunhua Rd., Xindian, Shulin, Sanchong Zhongshan Rd., Danshuei, Xinzhuang, Taoyuan Chenggong Rd., Zhongli, Longtan, Yangmei, Hsinchu Wuchang St., Miaoli Zhongmiao, Taichung Minqyuan Rd., Fongyuan, Changhua Zhongyang Rd., Yuanlin, Nantou Sanhe, Douliou Xiping Rd., Chiayi Wunhua Rd., Chiayi Yushan, Tainan Chenggong Rd., Xinying, Jiali, Xinxing, Fongshan, Gangshan, Pingtung Minsheng Rd., Yilan Zhongshan Rd., Luodong, Hualien Guoan, Taitung Datong Rd., Magong Zhongzheng Rd.