Continuing the series of Taiwan Scenery postage stamps begun in 2016 which includes Taitung County, Tainan City, Matsu, Taichung City, Penghu, Yilan, Hualien and Pingtung Counties, Chunghwa Post has offered a set of four stamps featuring famous scenic spots in Nantou County. The stamps are described below:
1. Sun Moon Lake (NT$8): Located in Nantou's Yuchi Township, the lake is Taiwan's largest natural inland lake. Its name comes from its eastern end being round like the disk of the sun and its western end like the crescent moon. Its beauty is created by the intermingling of mountains and water. From dawn to dusk, spring to winter, come wind and sun or mist and rain, it resounds with such a graceful disposition that the eye of the beholder will never tire, the heart never cease to marvel.
2. Jiji Green Tunnel (NT$8): Linking Nantou's Mingjian and Jiji Townships is a 4.5 km road lined by old camphor trees with leafy boughs that cast shade all along the route. Dappled sunlight shines through gaps in the greensward. The visitor who strolls through cannot fail to be attracted by this green tunnel and will surely not be disappointed.
3. Qingjing Farm (NT$13): Nantou's Qingjing Farm is called the Misty Paradise on account of its extensive Green Green Grassland where flocks of sheep ever thread their way by as in the landscape of Mongolia. Here each of the four seasons has its own beauty. Strolling along you bathe in verdant pastures far from the bustle of the city. Here you can savor the natural, peaceful air of Alpine meadows.
4. Hehuan Mountain Dark-Sky Park (NT$15): Hehuan Mountain Dark-Sky Park in Nantou's Ren'ai Township stretches from Yuang Feng to Little Windpath and is the nation's first internationally recognized Dark-Sky Park, the third in Asia. Being high above sea level it is naturally blessed with low light pollution and low atmospheric disturbance such that, after nightfall, the sky is full of stars and the splendor of the vast Milky Way touches your heart.
(1) First Day Cover (162mm × 114 mm): NT$2 apiece(2) Folder (with or without mount): NT$5 apiece(3) Loose-leaf album page: NT$8 apiece (4) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$8-denominated stamp: NT$10 apiece(5) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a full set of stamps: NT$46 apieceTo purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, Postal Museum or order on line at https://stamp.post.gov.tw.