Continuing the series of Famous Church Architecture in Taiwan postage stamps issued in 2016, Chunghwa Post is releasing a set of four stamps of significant churches. A detailed description of the stamps follows:
1. Tamsui Church (NT$8): Located in Tamsui, New Taipei City, Tamsui Church was erected by Dr. George MacKay and is a municipally classified ancient monument. The building was rebuilt in mock Gothic-style. Side walls buttress the church’s walls. The tops of the pillars are pointed. The exquisite red brickwork in the outer walls marks the highest standard of bricklaying in Taiwan.
2. Thài-Pêng-Kéng Maxwell Memorial Church (NT$8): This church sits in the West Central district of Tainan. It was built in memory of Dr. James L. Maxwell. In a basilica style, the building has white walls outside whilst the tall windows in the tower are pointed and have a cross as their main axis, pointing up to God in heaven.
3. Grace Baptist Church (NT$12): The church is situated in the Da'an district of Taipei. Pastor Chow Lien Hua led the community for over 40 years. The building was rebuilt in a traditional Chinese-style. From the outside the church resembles a Confucian scholar’s hat, solemnly covering planet earth, as a sign that Christian faith has deep roots in the local soil.
4. Tainan Holiness Church (NT$12): A church here in Anping district, Tainan, was first designed by Pastor Kao Chin-Yuan. Tainan Holiness Church is a modern-style building. The rainbow and “GOD IS LOVE” motto beneath it lie in front of the church and the white walls with crosses as their axis all testify to Christian faith.
(1) First Day Cover in large size (230 mm × 130 mm): NT$3 apiece (2) Folder (with or without mount): NT$8 apiece (3) Loose-leaf album page: NT$16 apiece (4)Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$8-denominated stamp: NT$11 apiece (5)Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a complete set of stamps: NT$43 apiece
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, Postal Museum or order on line at https://stamp.post.gov.tw .
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
AddressNo.55, Sec. 2, Jinshan S. Rd., Da-an District, Taipei City 10603, Taiwan (R.O.C.).