Continuing the series of Taiwan Scenery postage stamps depicting Taitung County, Tainan City, Matsu and Taichung City begun in 2016, Chunghwa Post is offering a further set of four stamps featuring activities and outstanding places of interest in Penghu County. The stamps are described below:
1. Ocean Fireworks Festival (NT$6): In recent years the fireworks festival has become a standard feature of Penghu’s tourist calendar. The main arena is outside the Guanyin Pavilion in Magong City. The play of light from the fireworks, the romantic bay and the Xiying Rainbow Bridge are woven together in the night sky over Penghu.
2. Erkan Village (NT$8): Erkan Village on Xiyu island is a single-surname community of the Chen family. The houses are in the old style and retain the traditional format of a village. There are many small exhibitions held here: one house displays ordinary life, another life on the shoreline, another is for singing… The village is the best preserved in Penghu and provides a taste of yore and the beauty of the builder’s craft.
3. Kueibishan (NT$12): When the tide recedes at Kueibishan in Huxi Township on the main island a winding path across the water to Chihyu islet is revealed. It draws many tourists to this northeast part of the Penghu archipelago.
4. Daguoye Columnar Basalt (NT$15): When a jetty was built to provide a boat link from Xiyu, stone was excavated from in front of the cliff. Following heavy rain, water collects in the holes and reflects the blue sky and white clouds above: a wonderful sight.
(1) First Day Cover: NT$2 apiece (2) Folder (with or without mount): NT$5 apiece (3) Loose-leaf album page: NT$8 apiece (4) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$6-denominated stamp: NT$8 apiece (5) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a complete set of stamps: NT$43 apiece
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, Postal Museum or order on line at https://stamp.post.gov.tw .