To welcome the arrival of the New Year, Chunghwa Post is releasing a set of two stamps and a souvenir sheet entitled “New Year’s Greeting Postage Stamps (Issue of 2016).” The design for the set of stamps uses a silhouette to express the courage and clarion-call of the cock. Gold and orange-red transmit an atmosphere of joy, good fortune and celebration for the year of the rooster. The background of the souvenir sheet is of a soft rose color dotted with flowers and colorful, diagonal lines, celebrating the advent of the New Year. An explanation of the design is set out below:
1) NT$3.5 stamp: “The Golden Cock Proclaiming Joy” is the theme of this stamp. The cock call at dawn heralds the new day; spring marks the beginning of the New Year.
2) NT$13 stamp: An Exuberance of Joyous Celebrations. Being a homonym of the word for “auspiciousness” (ji), the word for “rooster” (ji) expresses the wish that the New Year will bring an abundance of the riches of life.
3) NT$12 souvenir sheet: A pair of roosters and an auspicious Chinese ruyi knot depict the rooster as auspicious and express a wish for peace in all things, complete satisfaction and lasting happiness.
To meet the interests of stamp collectors, on the same day an “uncut press sheet of New Year’s Greeting Postage Stamps (Issue of 2016)” will be issued specifically for the use of philatelists, containing two uncut panes of 20 NT$3.5 and NT$13 stamps each, an additional uncut press sheet composed of nine souvenir sheets and a certificate of authenticity, a poster tube to store them safely. The margins retain the printer’s markings and the guidelines for separating the panes. This item, with its rich content, has been issued by the Post since 2009 and is of great value to collectors. This item will not apply to any discount measures.
(1) First Day Cover: NT$2 apiece
(2) FDC in large size: NT$3 apiece
(3) Folder (with or without mount): NT$5 apiece
(4) Folder with mount for souvenir sheet: NT$8 apiece
(5) Loose-leaf album page: NT$16 apiece
(6) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$3.5-denominated stamp: NT$5.5 apiece
(7) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a complete set of stamps: NT$18.5 apiece
(8) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a souvenir sheet: NT$15 apiece
(9) Uncut press sheets in a poster tube: NT$1,300 a unit. No discount for large quantity orders
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, or order on line at https://stamp.post.gov.tw.
Chunghwa Post is following up with a “New Year’s Greeting Postage Stamps (Issue of 2016)” press sheet. This item will be available at the Postal Museum and the following branches: Taipei Beimen, Beitou, Neihu, Nangang, Muzha, Keelung Aisan Rd., Banqiao Wunhua Rd., Xindian, Shulin, Sanchong Zhongshan Rd., Danshuei, Xinzhuang, Taoyuan Chenggong Rd., Zhongli, Longtan, Yangmei, Hsinchu Wuchang St., Miaoli Zhongmiao, Taichung Minqyuan Rd., Fongyuan, Changhwa Zhongyang Rd., Yuanlin, Nantou Sanhe, Douliou Xiping Rd., Chiayi Wunhua Rd., Chiayi Yushan, Tainan Chenggong Rd., Xinying Zhongshan Rd., Jiali, Xinxing, Fongshan, Gangshan, Pingtung Minsheng Rd., Yilan Zhongshan Rd., Luodong, Hualien Guoan, Taitung Datong Rd., Magong Zhongzheng Rd.