To welcome in 2016, the year of the monkey, Chunghwa Post is once again releasing a set of two stamps and a souvenir sheet featuring the upcoming year’s animal sign. This set of stamps, which shares the same design concept of the previous two year’s issues, uses gold and orange to illustrate the animals’ energy and vigor. The bodies of these agile and playful monkeys are decorated with floral patterns that provide a sense of auspiciousness and festiveness befitting the year of the monkey. The peony blossoms over an orange and pink background suggest warmth and liveliness, conveying the wealth and abundance that will come in the year of the monkey. The designs follow:
1) NT$3.5 stamp: The image of a golden monkey holding a rosy peach symbolizes "ushering in wealth."
2) NT$13 stamp: The image of a vivacious monkey striding with its head held high conveys the idea of a promotion or attainment of high office.
3) NT$12 souvenir sheet: The two monkeys and the blossoming peonies symbolize "wealth and longevity."
To add to philatelic interest, two uncut press sheets for its New Year’s Greeting Postage Stamps series will be released on the same day. Each of these sheets comprises two panes of 20 stamps, with denominations of NT$3.5 and NT$13 each. Printer’s markings will remain on the sheet margins. Also included are a poster tube for storing these sheets and a certificate of authenticity. The 2015 issue includes an additional uncut press sheet, composed of nine souvenir sheets, only adding further to its collectability.
1) First Day Cover: NT$2 apiece
(2) FDC in large size: NT$3 apiece
(3) Folder (with or without mount): NT$5 apiece
(4) Folder with mount for souvenir sheet: NT$8 apiece
(5) Loose-leaf album page: NT$16 apiece
(6) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$3.5-denominated
stamp: NT$5.5 apiece
(7) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a complete set of stamps:
(8) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a souvenir sheet: NT$15
(9) Uncut press sheets in a poster tube: NT$ 1,300 a unit. No
discount for large quantity orders
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, or order on line at http://stamp.post.gov.tw.
Chunghwa Post is following up with a "New Year's Greeting Postage Stamps (Issue of 2015)" press sheet. This item will be available at the Postal Museum and the following branches: Taipei Beimen, Beitou, Neihu, Nangang, Muzha, Keelung Aisan Rd., Banqiao Wunhua Rd., Xindian, Shulin, Sanchong Zhongshan Rd., Danshuei, Xinzhuang, Taoyuan Chenggong Rd., Zhongli, Longtan, Yangmei, Hsinchu Wuchang St., Miaoli Zhongmiao, Taichung Minqyuan Rd., Fongyuan, Changhwa Zhongyang Rd., Yuanlin, Nantou Sanhe, Douliou Xiping Rd., Chiayi Wunhua Rd., Chiayi Yushan, Tainan Chenggong Rd., Xinying Zhongshan Rd., Jiali, Xinxing, Fongshan, Gangshan, Pingtung Minsheng Rd., Yilan Zhongshan Rd., Luodong, Hualien Guoan, Taitung Datong Rd., Magong Zhongzheng Rd.