Valentine’s Day is becoming increasingly popular among Taiwan’s youths. To continue the Valentine’s Day series, Chunghua Post is issuing another set of two stamps and a souvenir sheet. The motif is a heart-shaped pattern that consists of three roses in full bloom. Every rose constitutes six numbers: 201314, a play on the homonymic relation with the declaration, “my love for you is eternal.” The design follows:
1. NT$12 stamp: The colorful roses symbolize the sweetness of love.
2. NT$25 stamp: The white roses in reverse type, signifying the sanctity of love.
3. Souvenir sheet (including one NT$12 stamp, and one NT$25 stamp): Two interlocking hearts represent the strong love between lovers, and their commitment to an everlasting union.
To enhance its texture, this set of stamps is printed in offset and partly embossed with prismatic effects. Also released are 200,000 mini panes in heart-shape, each with 3 sets of stamps and 600,000 sets in total.
Along with the stamps, two stamp folios will be released:
1. Valentine’s Day Stamp Folio (Issue of 2013): The folio is a three-fold heart-shaped design, with pink and dark pink to set off the coloring. A set of two stamps, one souvenir sheet and one mini pane are included in the folio.
2. Valentine’s Day True Love Stamp Folio: The folio has a dished cover. A heart-shaped photo frame is embedded on the inner page. It consists of two sheetlets, one souvenir sheet and two postal cards.
(1) First Day Cover: NT$2 apiece. (2) First Day Cover in large size: NT$3 apiece. (3) Folder: NT$5 apiece. (4) Folder with mount: NT$5 apiece. (5) Folder with mount for souvenir sheet: NT$8 apiece. (6) Loose-leaf album page: NT$16 apiece. (7) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$12-denominated stamp: NT$14 apiece. (8) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a complete set of stamps: NT$39 apiece. (9) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a souvenir sheet: NT$40 apiece. (10) Valentine’s Day Stamp Folio (Issue of 2013): NT$299 a copy. (11) Valentine’s Day True Love Stamp Folio: NT$999 a copy.
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, or order on line at http://stamp.post.gov.tw
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
AddressNo.55, Sec. 2, Jinshan S. Rd., Da-an District, Taipei City 10603, Taiwan (R.O.C.).