|Stamp Name||Sp.566 New Year's Greeting Postage Stamps (Issue of 2011)|
|Stamp Cat Standard||Special Stamps|
|Stamp Cat||Lunar New Year, Zodiac|
|Dimension of stamps(mm.)||34 × 26（mm）|
|Size of souvenir Sheet (mm.)||110 × 76（mm）|
|Printer||China Color Printing Co., Ltd.|
|Sheet composition||20 (5 × 4)
|Paper||Phosphorescent stamp paper
To welcome the Chinese New Year of the Dragon, Chunghwa Post is issuing a set of two New Year’s Greeting Postage Stamps (Issue of 2011) and a souvenir sheet featuring the upcoming year’s animal sign. Continuing the pop modern art and traditional Chinese ink-wash styles of the 2010 issue, the vignette of each of the stamps features a dragon or dragons colored with regal purple and nature’s green against an orange background with random yellow splatters. The bright color scheme brings a joyous atmosphere to the Year of the Dragon. The designs follow:
1. NT$3.50 Stamp: Staring into each other’s eyes, this pair of dragons represents the idea of “belonging to each other” and symbolizes that “all one’s wishes will come true.”
2. NT$13.00 Stamp: Holding its head up high and ready to spring into action, the image of this dragon represents “pride” and symbolizes “joy and good health.”
3. NT$12.00 Souvenir Sheet: The image of a proud dragon soaring in the sky conveys the idea of “promotion” and “success.”
To add to collectability and philatelic interest, two press sheets are included in this year’s issue. Each of these uncut sheets is composed of two panes of 20 stamps, with denominations of NT$3.50 and NT$13.00 respectively. Printer’s markings remain on the sheet margin. Also included are a poster tube for storing the press sheets and a certificate of authenticity. Launched in 2009, this series of philatelic items provides a glimpse into the printing process of postage stamps. Produced in limited quantities, the item is very much worth collecting.
(1) First Day Cover: NT$2.00 apiece.
(2) First Day Cover in large size: NT$3.00 apiece.
(3) Stamp folder: NT$5.00 apiece.
(4) Stamp folder with mount: NT$5.00 apiece.
(5) Stamp folder with mount for souvenir sheet: NT$8.00 apiece.
(6) Loose-leaf stamp album page with plastic cover: NT$16.00 apiece.
(7) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with one NT$3.50-denominated stamp: NT$5.50 apiece.
(8) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with a complete set of stamps: NT$18.50 apiece.
(9) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with a souvenir sheet: NT$15.00 apiece.
(10) Uncut press sheets in a poster tube: NT$1,000.00 a unit, rules for favorable buying discount are not applicable and available at counters only.
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, or order on line at http://stamp.post.gov.tw.
1.A total of 6,000 units of the “New Year’s Greeting Postage Stamps (Issue of 2011)” press sheets will be released along with the stamps. This item will be available at the counters of the Postal Museum and the following post office branches: Taipei Beimen Post Office, Beitou Post Office, Neihu Post Office, Nangang Post Office, Muzha Post Office, Keelung Ai 3rd. Road Post Office, Banqiao Wunhwa Rd. Post Office, Xindian Post Office, Shulin Post Office, Sanchong Zhongshan Rd. Post Office, Danshuei Post Office, Xinzhuang Post Office, Taoyuan Chenggong Rd. Post Office, Zhongli Jianguo Rd. Post Office, Longtan Post Office, Yangmei Post Office, Hsinchu Wuchang St. Post Office, Miaoli Zhongmiao Post Office, Taichung Minqyuan Rd. Post Office, Fongyuan Zhongzheng Rd. Post Office, Changhwa Zhongyang Rd. Post Office, Yuanlin Post Office, Nantou Sanhe Post Office, Douliou Siping Rd. Post Office, Chiayi Wunhua Rd. Post Office, Chiayi Yushan Post Office, Tainan Chenggong Rd. Post Office, Xinying Zhongshan Rd. Post Office, Jiali Post Office, Kaohsiung Xinxing Post Office, Fongshan Zhongshan East Rd. Post Office, Gangshan Post Office, Pingtung Minsheng Rd. Post Office, Yilan Zhongshan Rd. Post Office, Luodong Post Office, Hualien Guoan Post Office, Taitung Datong Rd. Post Office, Magong Zhongzheng Rd. Post Office.
2.“100th Anniversary of the Founding of the Republic of China Commemorative Stamp Collection” will be available also at the post office branches as stated in Remark 1. Please refer to Philatelic Bulletin No. 17 for relative information.