|Stamp Name||Sp.562 Chinese Classic Novel “Journey to the West” Postage Stamps (Issue of 2011)|
|Stamp Cat Standard||Special Stamps|
|Stamp Cat||Literature, Literature|
|Dimension of stamps(mm.)||30 × 40（mm）|
|Size of souvenir Sheet (mm.)|
|Printer||Central Engraving and Printing Plant|
|Sheet composition||20（4 × 5）
|Paper||Phosphorescent stamp paper
To promote understanding about Chinese classical literature, Chunghwa Post previously released three sets of stamps on “Journey to the West.” It is now following up with a new of four stamps. The designs follow:
1. “Swindling Treasures” (NT$5):
2. “Red Boy” (NT$5): Red Boy snatched the monk, taking him off to the
3. “Crossing the River on Turtle’s Back” (NT$12): Encountering a gold fish monster at the Tongtian River, Sun went to the Goddess of Mercy in the South Sea for help. After the monster was captured, a big white turtle surfaced to greet the monk and his disciples when they wanted to cross the river. It turned out that the Residence of the River Turtle, where the gold fish monster lived, originally belonged to the turtle. To show gratitude, the turtle carried them across the river.
4. “Achieving Nirvana” (NT$25): After their return, the monk and his disciples presented Emperor Taizong with scriptures and then went before rulai, Tathagata, at
A pictorial will also be released on the issuing date of the stamps. The pictorial includes 12 stamps from the issues of 2005, 2010, and 2011, and four maximum cards, with introductions to the designs of all the four sets of stamps in the series and beautiful illustrations.
(1) First Day Cover: NT$2 apiece.
(2) Folder: NT$5 apiece
(3) Folder with mount: NT$5 apiece.
(4) Loose-leaf album page: NT$8 apiece.
(5)Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$5-denominated stamp: NT$7 apiece.
(6) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a complete set of stamps: NT$49 apiece.
(7) Stamp pictorial: (to be advised)
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, or order on line at http://stamp.post.gov.tw.