|Stamp Name||Sp.557 Fishes of Taiwan Postage Stamps (I)|
|Stamp Cat Standard||Special Stamps|
|Dimension of stamps(mm.)||40 × 30（mm）|
|Size of souvenir Sheet (mm.)|
|Printer||Central Engraving and Printing Plant|
|Sheet composition||20（5 × 4）
|Paper||Phosphorescent stamp paper
The native freshwater fish of
1. Candidia barbatus (NT$5): This silver white fish has an obvious deep blue lateral stripe extending from its gill cover to the base of its caudal fin. It typically measures about 6 to 12 centimeters long, but large examples can sometimes reach 20 centimeters. It is commonly seen in the upper stretches of rivers and their branches in western
2. Opsariichthys pachycephalus (NT$5): An adult male has some ten blue-green vertical streaks on the sides of its body and displays nuptial coloration in the area below its gill covers as well as at its pelvic, pectoral, and anal fins. Vigorous and ferocious, the species’ strong predatory characteristics make it a popular target for stream fishing. It typically measures about 8 to 15 centimeters long, but large examples can reach 20 centimeters. It is commonly seen in the rivers of western
3. Spinibarbus hollandi (NT$12): The fish has a medium-to-large mouth aperture and two pairs of barbels. The back of its body is slate gray and its sides are silver white. This large carp typically measures about 20 to 40 centimeters long. The largest examples can reach 60 centimeters in length. The stamp features a medium-sized adult. It can be found in the middle stretches of rivers in southern and eastern
4. Squalidus banarescui (NT$25): This fish is slightly transparent, with a black and gold lateral line on the sides of its body. There is a black marking that resembles the Chinese character for eight “八” on each of its lateral line scales. This small carp measures about 8 to 10 centimeters long. It can only be found in relatively deep and slow and slightly muddy rivers in central
(1) First Day Cover: NT$2 apiece.
(2) Folder: NT$5 apiece
(3) Folder with mount: NT$5 apiece.
(4) Loose-leaf album page: NT$8 apiece.
(5)Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$5-denominated stamp: NT$7 apiece.
(6) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a complete set of stamps:
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, or order on line at http://stamp.post.gov.tw.