|Stamp Name||Sp.502 Bridges of Taiwan Postage Stamps (I)|
|Stamp Cat Standard||Special Stamps|
|Dimension of stamps(mm.)||40 × 30 （mm）|
|Size of souvenir Sheet (mm.)|
|Printer||Cardon Enterprise Co., Ltd.|
|Sheet composition||20（5 × 4）
|Process||Deep etch offset|
|Paper||Phosphorescent stamp paper <br>|
|Perforation||11 1/2 × 12|
Human civilizations have usually started around rivers, and bridges have continuously helped civilizations move to new realms. Today, bridges not only serve a transportation function but also spur economic and cultural development. There are different types of bridges for different geographic environments, and often bridges become fixtures in the local landscape and symbols of a locale. To introduce the beauty of
(1) The Kanjin Bridge, Taoyuan (NT$5.00): Spanning the
meters and a width of over 20 meters.
Siayunping. The lavender
total length of some 150 meters and a width of some 4 meters. The retired
turned into a footbridge where pedestrians can take in a panoramic view of the beautiful
surroundings. It is now one of the great scenic overlooks of the North Cross-Island
Type steel arch bridge is the first of its kind in
wide. Its "basket handle" and cables (stretched at 60-degree angle) give it a three-dimensional
structural power and beauty.
single pylon in the shape of a fishing rod in the city. In January 2003, the main span was opened to
traffic. The bridge has a total length of 820. At night, when its red cables and pylon are illuminated,
it sets off the beautiful scenery of neighboring
(1) First Day Cover to be sold at NT$2.00 apiece.
(2) Folder especially prepared for the stamps to be sold at NT$5.00 apiece.
(3) Folder with crystal mount for better protection of the stamps to be sold at NT$5.00 apiece.
(4) Loose-leaf stamp album page with plastic cover to be sold at NT$8.00 apiece.
(5) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with a low-valued stamp to be sold at NT$7.00 apiece. (6) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with a complete set of stamps to be sold at NT$39.00 apiece.
To purchase relative stamps, the public can go directly to the post office, or order on line at http://stamp.post.gov.tw