|Stamp Name||Sp. 488 Cartoon Figure Postage Stamps-Winnie the Pooh|
|Stamp Cat Standard||Special Stamps|
|Stamp Cat||Mammals, Forest, Literature, Literature, Education|
|Dimension of stamps(mm.)||40 × 30（mm）|
|Size of souvenir Sheet (mm.)||140 × 90（mm）|
|Printer||China Color Printing Co., Ltd.|
|Designer||The Walt Disney Company (Taiwan) Ltd.|
|Process||Deep etch offset|
|Paper||Phosphorescent stamp paper
Winnie the Pooh, a bear that loves honey, created by English writer A.A. Milne
and illustrator E.H. Shepard, debuted in 1926. In 1966, Disney released a short
animated film, in which Pooh was changed to wear a red shirt. He still has the
same appearance today. Though he is somewhat clumsy, his kindness makes him the
most popular animal in the forest. Pooh and his friends - Rabbit, Piglet, Tigger
and so forth - live in the Hundred Acre Wood. He is the kindest and most innocent
friend in everyone's heart. In 1997, Pooh received the honorary title "Ambassador
of Friendship" from the United Nations.
So as to stimulate interest in philately among youths, Chunghwa Post has again
commissioned the Walt Disney Company (
(1) First Day Cover in large size to be sold at NT$3.00 apiece.
(2) Folder especially prepared for the stamps to be sold at NT$8.00 apiece.
(3) Folder with crystal mount for better protection of the stamps to be sold at
(4) Loose-leaf stamp album page with plastic cover to be sold at NT$16.00 apiece.
(5) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with a souvenir sheet in two designs to
be sold at NT$33.00 apiece.
(6) Stamp folio (with two souvenir sheets) to be sold at NT$150.00 apiece.
To purchase these items, the public can go directly to the post offices, or order on
line at https://stamp.post.gov.tw