So as to encourage youths to engage in positive leisure activities that lead to healthy bodies and minds, raise the quality of life, encourage artistic creation, cultivate aesthetic sensibility among ROC children, and promote the development of art education, Chunghwa Post sponsored a national children’s drawing and stamp design competition during April and May 2005. The winning entries will be the subjects of postage stamps. The competition included four age groups: kindergarten, lower elementary, middle elementary and upper elementary. There were 22,000 entries in total. ROC professional artists were invited to be the judges and to select five gold medal works from each age group. The twenty winners were Chen Jou-han, Chou Tzu-hsuan, Chung Kuo-shuang, Chiu Chun-ying, Hsu Cheng-yu, Liao Pei-chi, Tung Yu-ting, Yang Shuang-wei, Chen Shih-yen, Hung Hao-wei, Yeh Hai-yin, Ko Hao-jen, Shuai Chien-an, Li Pei-ying, Chiu Yu-hsiu, Lu Pei-yu, Liu Yu-han, Chen Min-chi, Hung Wei-tzu and Tu Ya-chu. Using the winning artworks of these 20 children, Chunghwa Post is issuing a set of 20 postage stamps in se-tenant format. All of these stamps will have denominations of NT$5.00.
(1) First Day Cover to be sold at NT$2.00 apiece.
(2) Folder especially prepared for the stamps to be sold at NT$5.00 apiece.
(3) Folder with crystal mount for better protection of the stamps to be sold at NT$5.00 apiece.
(4) Loose-leaf stamp album page with plastic cover to be sold at NT$20.00 apiece.
(5) Pre-cancelled First Day Covers affixed with a complete set of stamps to be sold at NT$108.00 a set which are composed of 4 FDCs, but could be respectively sold at NT$27.00 apiece.
To purchase these items, the public can go directly to the post offices, or order on line at https://stamp.post.gov.tw