|Stamp Name||Com.321 Centennial of Scouts of China (Taiwan) Commemorative Issue|
|Stamp Cat Standard||Commemorative Stamps|
|Dimension of stamps(mm.)||30 × 40 或 40 × 30 (mm)|
|Size of souvenir Sheet (mm.)|
|Printer||China Color Printing Co., Ltd.|
|Sheet composition|| 20 (4 × 5 or 5 × 4)
|Paper||Phosphorescent stamp paper<br>|
Organized scouting in the Republic of China began in 1912 under the leadership of Rev. Yen Chia-Lin of the
To celebrate the scouting movement in the ROC on its centennial, as well as to recognize the movement’s contributions to the society, Chunghwa Post is issuing a set of two stamps. Both stamps feature the emblem of the association in their upper left corners. The designs of the stamps follow:
1. The NT$5-denominated stamp: The stamp features silhouettes of boy scouts saluting, doing social work or helping others. These images of scouts showing concern for society demonstrate the scout pledge “to practice a good turn everyday.” The city skyline in the background demonstrates the advanced development of
2. The NT$12-denominated stamp: To demonstrate how scouts learn and build character through fun activities, the stamp features the image of a boy scout, a tent and a watchtower in an outdoor setting that is typical of camping. With forests and the main
(1) First Day Cover: NT$2 apiece.
(2) Folder: NT$5 apiece.
(3) Folder with mount: NT$5 apiece.
(4) Loose-leaf album page: NT$8 apiece.
(5) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$5-denominated stamp:
(6) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a complete set of stamps:
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, or order on line at http://stamp.post.gov.tw.