|Stamp Name||Com.315 21st Summer Deaflympics Taipei 2009 Commemorative Issue|
|Stamp Cat Standard||Commemorative Stamps|
|Dimension of stamps(mm.)||40 × 30 (mm)|
|Size of souvenir Sheet (mm.)|
|Printer||Cardon Enterprise Co., Ltd.|
|Sheet composition||20 (5 × 4 )
|Process||Deep etch offset|
|Paper||Phosphorescent stamp paper
The forerunner of the Deaflympics was the Deaf World Games, which were the first international games for athletes with a disability. In light of the Deaf World Games’ scale and the special characteristics of deaf people’s culture, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) approved the name change in May 2001. The ROC won the bid to host the 21st Summer Deaflympics Taipei 2009 from September 5 to 15, 2009. Athletes from some 80 nations will participate. To mark these games, Chunghwa Post is issuing a set of two commemorative stamps.
On the upper right corner of both stamps is the logo of the 21st Summer Deaflympics Taipei 2009. The design of the logo integrates the three major elements of the games: the Chinese character
1) First Day Cover: NT$2.00 apiece.
(2) Stamp Folder: NT$5.00 apiece.
(3) Stamp Folder with mount: NT$5.00 apiece.
(4) Loose-leaf stamp album page with plastic cover: NT$8.00 apiece.
(5) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with one NT$5.00-denominated stamp: NT$7.00 apiece.
(6) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with a complete set of stamps: NT$32.00 apiece.
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches,
or order on line at http://stamp.post.gov.tw.
A commemorative cachet will be available at post office branches throughout the country on
the issuing date of the stamps.