|Stamp Name||Com.295 100th Anniversary of the Red Cross Society of the Republic of China Commemorative Issue|
|Stamp Cat Standard||Commemorative Stamps|
|Stamp Cat||Society, Relief, Organizations|
|Dimension of stamps(mm.)||30 x 40（mm）|
|Size of souvenir Sheet (mm.)|
|Printer||Cardon Enterprise Co., Ltd.|
|Sheet composition||20 (4 × 5)
|Process||Deep etch offset|
|Paper||Phosphorescent stamp paper
To honor the contributions that the Red Cross Society of the Republic of China has made to the nation and the society over the past century, Chunghwa Post is issuing a set of two stamps to commemorate its 100th anniversary. The stamps will be printed in se-tenant format. At the center of each stamp is a symmetrical, warmly colored heart with an overprint of the emblem and mission statement of the Red Cross Society of the Republic of China (Universality, Humanity and Voluntary Service). Within the heart of one of the stamps is a design that shows people joyously welcoming the 100th birthday of the Red Cross Society of the Republic of China, symbolizing the hopes and happiness that the Red Cross brings to the world by respecting life and alleviating human suffering. The design within the heart of the other stamp depicts Red Cross training in first aid, emergency care, lifeguard skills, and CPR, and it also depicts the Red Cross providing relief services.
Established in 1904, the Shanghai Chapter of the International Committee of the Red Cross (the forerunner of the Red Cross Society of the Republic of China) was founded by local Chinese and foreign nationals to help and provide medical care for soldiers wounded in the Russo-Japanese War (1904-1905). Later its name was changed to the Red Cross Society of the Ching and the Red Cross Society of China. In January 1933, it changed its name again and became the Red Cross Society of the Republic of China. It is the oldest non-governmental organization in the modern history of
(1) First Day Cover in small size to be sold at NT$2.00 apiece.
(2) Folder especially prepared for the stamps to be sold at NT$5.00 apiece.
(3) Folder with crystal mount for better protection of the stamps to be sold at NT$5.00 apiece.
(4) Loose-leaf stamp album page with plastic cover to be sold at NT$8.00 apiece.
(5) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with a low-valued stamp to be sold at NT$7.00 apiece.
(6) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with a complete set of stamps to be sold at NT$12.00 apiece.
A commemorative cachet will be available at all the post offices throughout the country on