|Stamp Name||I. 2002 IPC World Table Tennis Championships Commemorative Issue|
|Stamp Cat Standard||Commemorative Stamps|
|Dimension of stamps(mm.)||40X30(mm)|
|Size of souvenir Sheet (mm.)|
|Printer||China Color Printing Co., Ltd., R.O.C.|
|Creative Director||Ben Wang|
|Sheet composition||20 ( 5 X 4 )
|Process||Deep etch offset|
|Paper||Phosphorescent stamp paper
|Perforation||11 1/2 X 11|
The International Paralympic Committee has authorized the Chinese Taipei Sports Federation for the Disabled to hold 2002 IPC World Table Tennis Championships in Taipei Gymnasium from August 13 to 23. The championships are expected to draw players from 47 different nations or self-administering areas. To show the governments concern about providing athletic opportunities for the disabled, and to promote international sport exchange, the Directorate General of Posts is issuing a set of two stamps to commemorate this occasion. The stamps are scheduled to be released on August 13, 2002, the first day of the championships.
Tne stamp designs feature table tennis racquets and tables, incorporating the symbol of the 2002 IPC World Table Tennis Championships in a ping-pong ball. Bold lines and contrast of shadow and light are used to show speed and strength and to convey in a lively manner the techniques of both wheelchair and otherwise disabled players against a red and green background. The "disabled but not crippled" spirit of these players is truly worthy of admiration.
(1) First Day Cover in small size to be sold at NT$2.00 apiece.
(2) Folder especially prepared for the stamps to be sold at NT$5.00 apiece.
(3) Folder with crystal mount for better protection of the stamps to be sold at NT$5.00 apiece.
(4) Loose-leaf stamp album page with plastic cover to be sold at NT$8.00 apiece.
(5) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with a low-valued stamp to be sold at NT$7.00 apiece.
(6) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with a complete set of stamps to be sold at NT$12.00 apiece.