|Stamp Name||50th Anniversary of Fu Hsing Kang College Commemorative Issue|
|Stamp Cat Standard||Commemorative Stamps|
|Dimension of stamps(mm.)||40 x 30 (mm)|
|Size of souvenir Sheet (mm.)|
|Printer||China Color Printing Co., Ltd., R.O.C.|
|Sheet composition||20 (5 X 4)
|Process||Deep etch offset|
|Paper||Phosphorescent stamp paper
|Perforation||11 1/2 x 11|
The Political Staff College was founded on July 1, 1951 in Fu Hsing Kang on the foothill of Mt. Tatun in Peitou District of Taipei. On October 31, 1970, the name of the school was changed to the Fu Hsing Kang College. Currently, it has three graduate institutes, five undergraduate departments, and three junior college programs. The college intergrates military education with university education. It is a military school that is filled with energy and culture, cultivating military staff and elites that are good at wielding both the pen and the sword, leaders for the nation who are both skillful and moral.
January 6, 2002, is the 50th Anniversary of the Fu Hsing Kang College, and the Directorate General of Posts is issuing a set of two stamps to commemorate this occasion. The stamps are scheduled to be released on January 4, 2002, with denominations of NT$5 and NT$25. The NT$5 stamp features a neat row of strong and majestic looking students standing solemnly on the campus, holding the national flag, the school flag and their team flag. The NT$25 stamp, with the administrative building of the school as the background, has the picture of a tower, known as the school's "spiritual fortress," which bears the calligraphy of former president Chiang Kai-shek ("Reviving the Soldierly virtues") on the left. On the lower right comer of the stamp are statues of one male student and one female student.
(1) First Day Cover in small size to be sold at NT$2.00 apiece.
(2) Folder especially prepared for the stamps to be sold at NT$5.00 apiece.
(3) Folder with crystal mount for better protection of the stamps to be sold at NT$5.00 apiece.
(4) Loose-leaf stamp album page with plastic cover to be sold at NT$8.00 apiece.
(5) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with a low-valued stamp to be sold at NT$7.00 apiece.
(6) Pre-cancelled First Day Cover affixed with a complete set of stamps to be sold at NT$32.00 apiece.
A special cachet will be available on January 4, 2002 at all the post offices throughout the country.