|Stamp Name||Def.132 Long-horned Beetles Postage Stamps (II)|
|Stamp Cat Standard||Definitive Stamps|
|Dimension of stamps(mm.)||32 × 24（mm）|
|Size of souvenir Sheet (mm.)|
|Printer||Central Engraving and Printing Plant|
|Sheet composition||100 (10 × 10)
|Paper|| Phosphorescent stamp paper
|Perforation||121/2 × 131/2|
Previously issued a set of stamps on long-horned beetles on May 21, 2010, this Post is following up with a second set of four stamps, featuring Aeolesthes oenochrous, Doliops similis, Thermistis taiwanensis, and Dorysthenes pici. The designs follow:
1. Aeolesthes oenochrous (NT$1.00): Commonly known as the Wu-she blood-spotted long-horned beetle in English, the body of this large beetle is densely covered with shiny red hairs. The last three segments of the male’s back-sweeping antennae extend beyond the tips of its elytra, whereas the female’s antennae are shorter than its body. It is found in broad-leaved forests between 600 and 1,500 meters above sea level in mid and northern
2. Doliops similis (NT$3.50): This species is a mimic of the hard-shelled Pachyrrhynchus. This attractive beetle has a black body covered with iridescent blue markings. It has large femurs and tarsi. An endemic species of
3. Thermistis taiwanensis (NT$10.00): This beetle has a black body, with a yellow blotch on the front of its head, a yellow band on each side of its pronotum, and tubercles on the outer edges of the pronotum. Its elytra are black with yellow bands. Its antennae are black. Its femurs are yellow and the remainder of its legs and claws are black. Endemic to
4. Dorysthenes pici (NT$32.00): It has a dark brown, almost black body and a very developed mandible. There are two serrations on its pronotal edge. The male’s antennae extend over half way down its elytra, whereas the female’s only reach the length of one third of its elytra. Endemic to
(1) First Day Cover: NT$2.00 apiece.
(2) Folder :NT$5.00 apiece
(3) Folder with mount: NT$5.00 apiece.
(4) Loose-leaf album page：NT$8.00 apiece.
(5)Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with one NT$1.00-denominated stamp: NT$3.00 apiece.
(6) Pre-cancelled FDC affixed with a complete set of stamps:
To purchase the relative philatelic products, please go directly to the post office branches, or order on line at http://stamp.post.gov.tw.